After enjoying beautiful beaches and resort amenities, some of the best things to do in the Caribbean can be a bit weird but oh so wonderful! From swimming with pigs to stingrays, here is our Caribbean bucket list.
1. Experience Carnival: Trinidad and Tobago has the second largest Carnival after Rio! You must experience this festival at least once in your life. Try on a sparkling costume or move to the soca beat to see why this festival’s positive energy is so contagious. Read our Guide to Trinidad and Tobago.
2. Belize Blue Hole: This giant underwater sinkhole is the world’s largest formation like it. From 40 feet to 400 feet the drop allows scuba divers unique underwater wildlife encounters with everything from nurse sharks to giant groupers. For non-divers get a better perspective with a scenic fly over tour.
3. Drive in a vintage car in Havana, Cuba: Cuba has some of the oldest cars still driving daily. Due to the U.S. embargo about 60 years ago, the last imported American cars became the only option available. Drive along the Malecon seafront stretch in a vibrant vintage car.
4. Cliff diving Jamaica: Rick’s Café in Negril, Jamaica serves up meals with a show. Watch or jump in with cliff divers who jump from as high as 30 feet. The food can be pricy but comes with as many jumps as you want for free. For non-divers there is also an epic sunset view. For more things to do read our Guide to Jamaica.
5. Zip line in Haiti: Ride the world’s longest overwater zip line, Dragon’s Breath Flight Line, which from the top looks like it zooms straight into the water. Travel about 40 miles per hour along this 2,600-foot line to really get your adrenaline pumping. NO
6. Harrison’s Cave Barbados: This one-of-a-kind experience is considered by some one of the new wonders of the world. The adventure eco tour includes swimming and crawling through the caverns of coral-capped limestone that makes this one of the few non-volcanic islands in the Caribbean. Before you go, read this helpful article about what to expect on Harrison’s Cave Eco-Adventure.
7. Swim with the pigs in Exuma, Bahamas: Travel to “Pig Beach” on Big Major Cay island south of Nassau. The island is uninhabited by people. How the non-native pigs arrived on the island is still a mystery. yes
8. Flirt with Flamingos in Aruba: Visit the famous flamboyance of flamingos on Renaissance Island owned by Renaissance Aruba Resort in Oranjestad. Stay at the resort to guarantee included access to see the flamingos, or non-guests can buy a day pass for $100 to visit the island.
Swam with the biggest stingray in Cayman Islands! I was a bit scared but she’s super gentle, I even kissed her for 7 years good luck! Would you? 💋 – 👙: @lareveche – #TDLCaymanIslands #caymanislands #visitcaymanislands #grandcayman #stingraycity #caymankind #caymanisland #caribbeanlife #ilovecaymanislands #beautifuldestinations #wearetravelgirls #dametraveler #sheisnotlost #abikiniaday #gopro #goprogirl #goprotravel #gopromoment #bucketlist
9. Swim with Stingrays on the Cayman Islands: Walk amongst the stingrays at Stingray City Sandbar, a three feet deep area of clear water surrounded by friendly stingrays.
10. Curacao Ostrich Farm: After strolling through the colorful streets of Punda, visit the ostrich farm which is a unique sight to see. You can even feed the ostriches.
11. Hike Gros Piton, St. Lucia: St. Lucia’s two volcanic mountains are some of the most distinctive and beautiful structures in the entire Caribbean! Hike up the Gros Piton in five hours for an impressive view 2,619 feet above sea level. Read about our favorite sights or our stays at Anse Chastanet or Jade Mountain.
What is on the top of your Caribbean bucket list? Comment below!